Thursday, December 11, 2014

GUY

I've know Guy Mariano for a long time. But I really don't know Guy Mariano. I'm usually inhabiting my little corner cave at Girl. When I do get to talk to him, he's friendly, down to earth and always complimentary. 

I thought he got short-changed in 2012 when he was not given the Thrasher SOTY award. But you know, that wasn't his peak. He's nowhere near his peak. He just keeps progressing.

Guy is currently being featured on The Berrics website in a 5-part documentary series of videos. They are fantastic so far (#4 hits tomorrow, and I'm sure it's going to cut pretty deep). He tells some amazing stories about his incredible journey through a skateboarding life, with an awesome insight into a pro skater's mind. One of the best things I've watched on the interwebs all year. Now I feel like I know him a little better, and the next time I see him, I'm going to tell him how much I respect him and how happy I am for him. Go watch the videos.


No comments:

Post a Comment